ITBMS, a premier solution provider in SAP Document Management System domain, has provided out of a box as well as client specific solutions to its clients. Follow are few of several solutions provided by ITBMS
Printing Solution for Images attached to any Business Object via GOS
In the ever-demanding ERP environment, many of the SAP-based clients are in need of printing the images along with the business data within SAP ECC. Even in the newer releases, there is only an alternative solution based on expensive third-party software and consulting – which do not fully cater to the business printing needs.
The custom packaged solution developed at ITBMS, will enable the clients running on SAP ECC solutions with SAP NetWeaver or above, to print any images attached( via Generic Object Services) to a work order, invoice, equipment, material, etc. just like any other output type which they are currently printing. The striking feature includes the ability that all the images related to any business object can be MASS printed leveraging the existing SAP spool functionality. The packaged solution only comprises of pure ABAP development modules like function groups and subroutine pools, unlike other expensive solutions offered in the market that involve the use of the third-party software.
- All the images can be stored on different content servers and can be linked to the appropriate business objects using the Generic Object Services of SAP
- The image can be printed/spooled/emailed like any other print output type defined in the SAP output control (Transaction NACE).
- The images with different formats like JPEG, TIFF, BMP, JFIF, GIF, and PNP are supported. End users need not restrict themselves to the usage of only a prescribed image format.
- The image data security is intact since the data is not downloaded into the users’ local machines to print the image. No usage of RFC calls that load the system performance.
- All the images will fit into the desired sized layouts (length, breadth, position) on the physical paper, without overflowing into subsequent pages. The image can fit into a page along with other information of the business object.
- All the SAP provided spool functionality can be leveraged to print the images.
- Both the online and background printing will work the same way.